All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swapnil Nawale

Necessity of the birth certificate for in-laws' visitor visa interview

Hi,

I have an H-1B visa and my wife is holding an H-4 visa. I want to sponsor my in-laws' visitor visa to the US. Is my wife's birth certificate mandatory for their visa interview?

1- there is no such thing as sponsorship for B2 visa applicants--none...zero...does not exist..

2- such documents have absolutely no value whatsoever for B2 visa applicants....there is NO document currently in existence that will have any positive effect on the outcome of a B2 interview....papers of any sort are totally worthless during such an interview...papers can only harm, they cannot help.

3 - why are so many people under the mistaken belief that someone can 'sponsor' a B2 visa applicant???? Every B2 applicant must qualify based on their own merits and situation, not those of a third party (with minor children qualifying normally through their parents, not their grandparents, aunts or uncles)..

4- no third party can guarantee that their friend or relative will depart the US after a visit, nor can those same folks prevent the visa holder from working illegally...because no one has legal authority over another...period.

On 2/22/2020 at 2:47 PM, Swapnil Nawale said:

Hi,

I have an H-1B visa and my wife is holding an H-4 visa. I want to sponsor my in-laws' visitor visa to the US. Is my wife's birth certificate mandatory for their visa interview?

No.