All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vforce

With unused expired I-797B petition (approved in Oct-2014) to apply H1B as CAP exempt from India

I have an unused and expired H1B petition (approved in Oct-2014 under CAP quota). Due to no requirement in US, my employer didn't sent for stamping (VISA not stamped) and it expired in Oct 2017 and I never traveled to US. Now my employer wants to process my H1B by filing a new petition. Can this new petition be filed as CAP exempt by attaching unused approved I-797 document? How long an approved petition can be used for CAP exempt if not stamped?

Thanks

Since you never came to US nor got a visa stamp, I don't think you were counted towards the cap. You might have to go thought the cap again. 

Thank you for the response. Could you please tell me how long an approved petition can be used for CAP exempt if not stamped?

If you never got a visa stamp the H1 has not been counted in the quota.

The employer can file a new H1 in this year's quota.

Thanks for the response. Yes, I do have the I-797 approval notice copy and I am still with the same employer. Any idea, how long I am CAP exempt with the approved I-797 (in Oct-2014).

Edited by Vforce

Hi,

Have a similar situation. However I got my Visa stamped in 2011, but never traveled to the USA. Does this mean I was counted and is cap-exempt now?

Kindly request your advise on this issue