All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
krish1213

H1B Visa stamped with DUI - Hyderabad Location - SUCCESS

My Story:

Got first DUI (only first) in Sept 2018 and cleared the court case in Feb 2019 and the case was dismissed to Wet Reckless. I have a full-time job with a decent package. I went to Visa stamping in Hyderabad for second-time visa stamping. 

DropBox:
Visa Type: H1B

Jan 17th: Went to the OFC Center and to the dropbox counter. I submitted the documents current and previous passports, current and previous H1B Copies, and 2 passport size photos.

Jan 20th: Documents reached US Consulate from OFC office. 

Jan 22nd:  
CGI Status: Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery.
CEAC Website status: Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Jan 23rd: Received passport and they mentioned in a letter (221G) to attend visa interview on any working day between 10 to 11 AM. 

Jan 27th:
Attended the interview, VO asked very basic questions like company name, designation and they directed me to a Physician Panel evaluation. So I emailed them for the appointment. 

Questions about DUI:

Asked the situation and how it happened: Explained

She did not ask the documents but I mentioned if I could provide them the documents. 

She said yes and I gave the attested court documents. 

She entered some details in her system for about a min and gave my documents to someone inside. 

That inside person verified something and gave the documents back to VO. VO entered some more details and gave me the 221G.

I emailed to doctor and received a doctor appointment on Jan 30th.

Jan 30th: Attended the clinic, it took the whole day for US applicants. Definitely expect to pay RS 15000 at the clinic for the medical tests. 

Feb 4th: US Consulate received the medical reports sent by the doctor. And they sent me an email to submit the documents at the VAC center. Documents: passport, 221g copy and document submission letter which the US Consulate will mention in detail in the EMail. Don't worry about the details. 

Feb 5th: Submitted all the documents and the status changed to "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate" on CGI portal.

Feb 7th: 
CEAC Website shows ISSUED and it says, 
Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

Feb 9th:
CGI Status:
Passport has been received from the consular section and is currently being processed for delivery. Took 2 working days to receive the passport.

To track your passport email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com with your passport number in submit and in the email body and nothing else. This passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com automatically check exactly the status of passport and immediately responds to you like "The current status of your passport is In Transit From Post." or something relative. 

Reference link: http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp

Uber or Lyft seems to be a reasonable alternative than having to deal with this mess. Expect to go through a secondary check at the customs every time you enter the country.... 

7 hours ago, freaking_pain said:

Uber or Lyft seems to be a reasonable alternative than having to deal with this mess. Expect to go through a secondary check at the customs every time you enter the country.... 

I hear you! Not only that a 2nd DUI will now have impacts on GC and Citizenship too.

@krish1213 Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm planning for india trip in 2-3 months and need to go stamping in hyderabad and i'm eligible for dropbox option because my last visa expired on september 2019 and also I read in forums that there is a new rule started last year is that appointment is must for drop box option too so can you please suggest how can we schedule appointment for dropbox and how often dates will be available.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:15 PM, SR7 said:

@krish1213 Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm planning for india trip in 2-3 months and need to go stamping in hyderabad and i'm eligible for dropbox option because my last visa expired on september 2019 and also I read in forums that there is a new rule started last year is that appointment is must for drop box option too so can you please suggest how can we schedule appointment for dropbox and how often dates will be available.

Yes. You will need appointment for drop box also. Dates are available right now in 2019 March for drop box. It's the same process. Go to the appointment booking website, answer all questions and then it will ask to pick date slot. But try to pay fee and schedule as early as possible if your trip is confirmed. You can always re schedule if necessary.

Edited by shekar11#

@krish1213 Thanks Shekar for your reply, appreciate it.Can dates available early too? I have filed h1b amendment on premium processing last week and waiting for approval, once it is approved i will plan to schedule date for drop box.can I have your mobile number or email I will contact you I have any questions while scheduling appointment.

Surendar

On 2/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, SR7 said:

When you fill in details in DS-160 it automatically chooses you for Dropbox if you had already attended H1B interview in the past. You will get all details when to attend to submit the documents for Dropbox. And there is no rule to book an appointment for dropbox and thats def sure because I just went and came back with no issue.

@krish1213 thanks for sharing your experience.
Today I attended visa interview. She directed me to panel physician. And gave me 221g to submit passport and court documents. Luckily I got my appointment for Panel physician today itself completed everything and submitted my documents and passport today itself. I submitted court disposition, victim impact panel and Drunk and driver program completion certificate as instructed. Clinic in Mumbai told they are going to submit documents by end of tomorrow. Just hoping visa will be approved.

my question is in physician blood test or urine test what they look for? Do they look for any alcohol or weed related stuff? I had a Cannabis chocolates 2 months back. Would it be getting effected? 

did they stop you for 2nd verification while POE? 

@krish1213 @Raju87- thanks to you both for sharing your experience. 

Does DUI impact only Visa Stamping? Did you get any RFE while filing an H1B Extension? What additional documents did they ask you to submit during your extension. 

I got charged with DUI Feb-2020 - Waiting for DMV Hearing and Court Proceedings. My Visa will be expired in Nov-2020 - I may file an extension a bit early. 

Working as a full-time employee with a decent employer and with a decent pay.

Please share your experience during H1B Visa Extension