H1B Renewal Stamping + Passport expiry + new H4B

Hi Friends,

I appreciate if you could help me to understand the process?

My existing H1B stamp on passport was expired. In the next 1 to 1.5 months I am planning for 2 month trip to India. My current passport will expire in Nov 30,2020.

Two options I am thinking is:
1) Apply for new passport when I land in India in the middle of Apr, then go for the stamping.

2) Do the stamping (I believe I am eligible stamping as my stamp on passport expiry date is Sep, 2019 and originally stamped in India) when I land in the middle of Apr (roughly around 7moths before passport expiry), then apply for new passport. (Mostly in middle of May once I receive my renewed passport in India.)

Also I have to apply for a new H4 Visa after my marriage in this 2 month trip (roughly after 1 month I landed).

Could you help me to understand either 1 or 2 is better? and also anything important I am missing to consider.

Also is there any problem if I go for H1 renewal stamping and new H4 vis together on the same date?

Thanks in Advance.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:42 PM, suresh.appana1@gmail.com said:

Hi Friends,

I appreciate if you could help me to understand the process?

My existing H1B stamp on passport was expired. In the next 1 to 1.5 months I am planning for 2 month trip to India. My current passport will expire in Nov 30,2020.

Two options I am thinking is:
1) Apply for new passport when I land in India in the middle of Apr, then go for the stamping.

2) Do the stamping (I believe I am eligible stamping as my stamp on passport expiry date is Sep, 2019 and originally stamped in India) when I land in the middle of Apr (roughly around 7moths before passport expiry), then apply for new passport. (Mostly in middle of May once I receive my renewed passport in India.)

Also I have to apply for a new H4 Visa after my marriage in this 2 month trip (roughly after 1 month I landed).

Could you help me to understand either 1 or 2 is better? and also anything important I am missing to consider.

Also is there any problem if I go for H1 renewal stamping and new H4 vis together on the same date?

Thanks in Advance.

Option 2 is better because you can get the visa dates booked now and stamping with old passport and then renew your passport. Carry both. That is the fast and easy option.