All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Surya Aki

H1B Extension Approved and Amendment denied

Hi,

My H1B was approved for Client A and location A and was valid till Nov 2018.

Employer filed an Amendment in April 2018 to work for Client B and location B. I traveled to US with that receipt in Jun 2018 to work for client B.

since my H1B visa valid till Nov 2018, my employer filed an Extension with my current client and location details.(Client B and Location B)

My visa extension got approved in Feb 2019 and I received new I797 valid till Oct 2020.

But now, in Feb 2020, my initial amendment got denied. Reason given is “USCIS not convinced that position offered qualified as a specialty occupation”.

I am not sure whether I am still eligible to continue work at my current location i.e. Client B and location B. Also, If not eligible to continue then what are the options I have.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated !

Thanks

Is this.. My visa extension got approved in Feb 2019 .. is related to this... my employer filed an Extension with my current client and location details.(Client B and Location B)

It looks Client B and Location B is latest and that is approved and you are good.

Run through your employer/immigration lawyer...

You will have to check with your attorney. Check if they can appeal the decision and if not, you might have to leave the country and come back with a fresh H1.