H1B application - Internship documentation

Rose26

Hello,

I am a student on F1 Visa. I am currently working on OPT. I have submitted the application for STEM Extension. My company has started my H1B application.

While on OPT I worked for two different companies. The first one was an internship (unpaid) position. The second and my current job is full time with an e-verify company. I have submitted all the documentation but I am confused about the documents that I can submit for the internship.

It is unpaid, so all I have is the offer letter and the time sheet that I maintained (and got signed). I can ask my employer for a letter that explains the position with the dates of internship. But I am not sure about the details that are required.

I even talked about this with the company lawyer but they are not sure about it.

Can you advise me on this case? Any help would be great even if it is generic. If a letter would help, can you tell the details that are required. Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks,