H1B Transfer from Profit Organization to Non Profit Organization

Hi,

Currently I am working for Employer A which is a profit organization  and my H1B visa is approved thru Lottery processing and planning to make a transfer to new employer B which is a Non-Profit Organization. 

In future, if I want to switch back to any Profit Organization, can I do that or are they any restrictions in doing it? Should I undergo lottery processing again and apply for visa?

What happens to my GC processing? Non-profit organization will file my GC and after I140 approval, if I am planning to make a move to profit organization, what is the process of doing it? Can I transfer my GC as well? 

Please let me know.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:01 AM, Mahender Gangu said:

Do you have any idea about GC process with Non-profit organization? Can I transfer my approved I140 to profit organization?

An I-140 is never transferred. The new company would have to start the process from scratch. You can use the PD from the old I-140.

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

An I-140 is never transferred. The new company would have to start the process from scratch. You can use the PD from the old I-140.

Thanks for your reply. So, can I extend my H1b based on PD from old I-140 correct? Or can I extend only after new employer files my GC? Moreover it works same for Non Profit or Profit correct? No change in the process?

Edited by Mahender Gangu