Appeal to reopen or reconsider of my denial,Case was reopened , it is actively being reviewed and then Case was approved and with in 10 miutes Case was updated to reopened

I have filed I290B for my I129 petition denial of USCIS on Sep24th 2019, I290B received by USCIS in October month since from October i have no update till Feb 4th 2020, On Feb 4th, 2020, my original denial case was updated to We reviewed your appeal for Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, and decided to reopen or reconsider our denial of your case.It is actively being reviewed.

on February 5th case was updated to, on Feb 04th 2020 We approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker. An approval notice was mailed to you.

Within one hour again case was updated to On February 4, 2020, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EACXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 5, 2020. Please e-request.

Please somebody help me what is going on with my case, Does USCIS will send me two different notices? since both updates updated within one hour. what should i do? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I have received backdated approval from uscis and received Reopen notice also.

Both approval and reopen notice were dated with notice date of feb 4th 2020.

Approval notice(Backdated), Approved with I797A with approval dates of 10/01/2019-12/16/2019.I-94 expiry date was 12/26/2019. I have received approval notice on Feb 11th 2020.

Reopen notice, Reopen notice says we are reviewing your petition as Motion to reopen or motion to reconsider. We will notify you in writing if we made any decision or if we need any additional information. Received approval notice on Feb 15th 2020.

In reopen notice they did not mentioned any thing about approval decision. I have not received any update regarding approval after approval notice received.

I reached my school DSO regarding SEVIS status, they confirmed SEVIS has been terminated since petition approved with I797A.

looks like i am out of status, employer/attorney reached regarding approval decision and reopen case, even Tier-2 officer unable to answer the case status. What options do i have for current situation. Please advise. Thanks

I am also in the same boat.Just now received 2 back to back updates from USCIS.

On February 26, 2020, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXXXXXXXXXXX, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by March 27, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address

Edited by Sunny9696
11 hours ago, H1B Approved and reopened said:

Hi, I have received backdated approval from uscis and received Reopen notice also.

Both approval and reopen notice were dated with notice date of feb 4th 2020.

Approval notice(Backdated), Approved with I797A with approval dates of 10/01/2019-12/16/2019.I-94 expiry date was 12/26/2019. I have received approval notice on Feb 11th 2020.

Reopen notice, Reopen notice says we are reviewing your petition as Motion to reopen or motion to reconsider. We will notify you in writing if we made any decision or if we need any additional information. Received approval notice on Feb 15th 2020.

In reopen notice they did not mentioned any thing about approval decision. I have not received any update regarding approval after approval notice received.

I reached my school DSO regarding SEVIS status, they confirmed SEVIS has been terminated since petition approved with I797A.

looks like i am out of status, employer/attorney reached regarding approval decision and reopen case, even Tier-2 officer unable to answer the case status. What options do i have for current situation. Please advise. Thanks

Best thing might be to leave the country asap and apply for a H1 extension and come back with a new visa to clear the mess.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:04 PM, User099 said:

Best thing might be to leave the country asap and apply for a H1 extension and come back with a new visa to clear the mess.

Hi, my attorney team suggested not to leave the country, since USCIS sent backdated approval and notice date was feb 4th 2020, they are going to file premium extension with npt(nunc pro tunc) if npt get approved i can stay in usa legally. My concern is since we have received approval notice on february 11th 2020, did our legal team made any delay to apply for extension ?

On 2/29/2020 at 5:27 PM, H1B Approved and reopened said:

Hi, my attorney team suggested not to leave the country, since USCIS sent backdated approval and notice date was feb 4th 2020, they are going to file premium extension with npt(nunc pro tunc) if npt get approved i can stay in usa legally. My concern is since we have received approval notice on february 11th 2020, did our legal team made any delay to apply for extension ?

Yes, if they are able to file NPT and get it approved then you are good. It takes them time to get the LCA and documentation done for filing H1. 3 weeks is the least I have seen.

• 4 weeks later...