i140 withdraw

deep84

Hello - Please help here.

I have completed 8 years on H1B and my previous employer has filed my green card, my I140 was approved in 2016 and I have joined current employer in 2019, My current H1B status is valid until Dec 2020. As I have already used approved I140 (from previous employer) for extension with current employer. When I will apply next extension, can I use same Approved I-140 even though my previous employer withdraw I140 or Do we need to have PERM/I140 approved with current employer. Please suggest.

On 1/31/2020 at 8:05 PM, deep84 said:

Hello - Please help here.

I have completed 8 years on H1B and my previous employer has filed my green card, my I140 was approved in 2016 and I have joined current employer in 2019, My current H1B status is valid until Dec 2020. As I have already used approved I140 (from previous employer) for extension with current employer. When I will apply next extension, can I use same Approved I-140 even though my previous employer withdraw I140 or Do we need to have PERM/I140 approved with current employer. Please suggest.

You can use the old I140 for extensions and your new employer will have to start the GC at some point of time.