H1B second extension problems

Dear Forumites,

I am on the 9th year running of H1B (expiring in Aug 2020) with EB2 category. My employer says I can't travel abroad for 8 months while the extension is happening. It is essential for me to have the flexibility to travel to India for personal reasons. What options do I have? Premium processing is suspended until Feb 19, 2020. What else can I do? Is Expedited processing possible? What would be a good way to convince my employer to shift to a faster processing option? How much does expedited processing cost?

Please help if you can,

Thank you!

5 hours ago, silkroute said:

Dear Forumites,

I am on the 9th year running of H1B (expiring in Aug 2020) with EB2 category. My employer says I can't travel abroad for 8 months while the extension is happening. It is essential for me to have the flexibility to travel to India for personal reasons. What options do I have? Premium processing is suspended until Feb 19, 2020. What else can I do? Is Expedited processing possible? What would be a good way to convince my employer to shift to a faster processing option? How much does expedited processing cost?

Please help if you can,

Thank you!

Who told you that the PP is suspended till Feb 19th 2020? I don't think it is. 

I see the issue, PP was suspended till Feb 19th 2019 and not 2020. Happy new year my friend! 🙂 

PP will cost around $1200-1300. Its not advisable to travel while the petition is pending.

23 hours ago, silkroute said:

Dear Forumites,

Please help if you can,

Thank you!

Extensions are not effected, but your I94 will have a mismatch if the extension is approved and your travel back with a new I94 before approval. You will have to again get that fixed by traveling. That is why its not advisable to travel.

Also if you extension is in progress and visa is expired, you will have to wait for the petition to be approved to come back. That is why its not advisable to travel.