H1 Eligible for Visa Waiver but H4 is not.

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to India and I am planning to get stamping done as well. 

1. I am on H1 and Eligible for Dropbox facility.(current petition valid till 2022, last stamping is valid till 2021 from a previous employer)
  2. My Wife was previously on h1 but she did a status change to H4 few weeks back(approved with H4 EAD) , so she is on h4 now. 
    1. As per my understanding, since her last visa was in a different class, she is not eligible for dropbox, . (Please correct If I am wrong)
    2. If I go for dropbox, I will get my passport in a week or so (best case scenario), but can my wife schedule for in person interview  with my current 797? or she can only go for interview once my passport is stamped?
  3. should I just send my wife's passport along with my passport in my dropbox ?
  4. should I wait for my passport to be stamped and then schedule the appointment for my wife's stamping?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Vivek

On 1/26/2020 at 2:29 AM, Vivek Mishra said:

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to India and I am planning to get stamping done as well. 

1. I am on H1 and Eligible for Dropbox facility.(current petition valid till 2022, last stamping is valid till 2021 from a previous employer)
  2. My Wife was previously on h1 but she did a status change to H4 few weeks back(approved with H4 EAD) , so she is on h4 now. 
    1. As per my understanding, since her last visa was in a different class, she is not eligible for dropbox, . (Please correct If I am wrong)
    2. If I go for dropbox, I will get my passport in a week or so (best case scenario), but can my wife schedule for in person interview  with my current 797? or she can only go for interview once my passport is stamped?
  3. should I just send my wife's passport along with my passport in my dropbox ?
  4. should I wait for my passport to be stamped and then schedule the appointment for my wife's stamping?

Please suggest.

Thanks
Vivek

Your wife is also eligible for Dropbox. H-1 and H-4 come under same visa class.