H1B and 221g (yellow) at Ottawa - Canada - 2020

jpandya

Did anyone had interviews recently in Ottawa for H1B stamping ?

Interviewed on Jan 24

Asked for CV and W2. Took passport initially but returned it same day in mail. Had been working in US for few years and always had been in status. Clean record. No documents requested. Only check mark on Yellow Slip is "wait for us to contact you"

Timeline for similar cases will be helpful.

On 1/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Sorry to hear ... No timelines ... No magical formula.. Its hard to even guess with just below info... I wish your issue resolves soon

" Asked for CV and W2 "

Thank you.

Looks like there are very less cases of Yello or Blue slips in Jan 2020 in Canada.

i was searching around other forums and there were plethora for Dec and Jan 2019...

Guys .. if you are looking for this post and in similar situation in Ottawa 2020..please update here so as to create. a timeline that helps everyone ...

On 1/27/2020 at 9:30 AM, amruthaa said:

This is my husband's case, he is still in Ottawa after receiving blue slip 221g on Dec 20th.

I read your husbands case. Hope it resolves soon. I have 2 Kids myself. My daughter is 6 months and rolling now. I guess she will be crawling before I pick up here again.

On 1/28/2020 at 10:18 PM, jpandya said:

I read your husbands case. Hope it resolves soon. I have 2 Kids myself. My daughter is 6 months and rolling now. I guess she will be crawling before I pick up here again.

It is really frustrating, especially when family is involved. Hope your case also resolves soon, did they keep your passport or return it? I know one guy who got yellow slip on Jan 7th got request for passport submission on Jan 28th...exactly in 3 weeks, so hang in there.

18 hours ago, amruthaa said:

It is really frustrating, especially when family is involved. Hope your case also resolves soon, did they keep your passport or return it? I know one guy who got yellow slip on Jan 7th got request for passport submission on Jan 28th...exactly in 3 weeks, so hang in there.

Yes.. VO kept the passport and she also conveyed that she would review it later on the same day. I believe she did and passport was returned 

by mail and then..... "TON" FORWARD Count begins...

Irrespective of what some forum members has mentioned, I think retaining or returning the passport in interview has no implications whatsoever on the admin processing. For someone ( eg : who came on F1 and then approved H1 might have 1 or 2 arrival/departure stamps in passport. ) they might just keep it assuming passport holder has no travel plans and it would still take days / weeks to clear the AP.  on other side, for some one who is a traveler and has multiple in/out stamps, they might just return it considering that he/she might want to travel during weeks of wait time. 

Of course the system is a blackbox and there is no definitive way to determine if passport at consulate or at  home make any difference.

All we can do is hope for the best.

In case if it matters, I am EE in manufacturing and direct hire. 

23 hours ago, amruthaa said:

Atleast some good news that took 3 weeks. Hang on... I know how frustrating since I had 221G in 2016 Vancouver took 13 days ( 9 business days )

On 1/31/2020 at 2:17 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Atleast some good news that took 3 weeks. Hang on... I know how frustrating since I had 221G in 2016 Vancouver took 13 days ( 9 business days )

Today is 48th day since interview and 50 days since leaving to Canada, getting really depressed and worried if the wait will ever end. 

Edited by amruthaa
11 hours ago, amruthaa said:

Today is 48th day since interview and 50 days since leaving to Canada, getting really depressed and worried if the wait will ever end. 

Did you try contacting embassy by any means ?

Hang on there. You already cleared a lot of wait. It’s probably not too far now.

I work with materials  and for oil and gas sector as well and is mentioned in my CV that VO took. I don’t think there are any rejections for manufacturing sector.

Meanwhile, where are you located ?

Edited by jpandya
On 2/7/2020 at 3:12 AM, jpandya said:

Did you try contacting embassy by any means ?

Hang on there. You already cleared a lot of wait. It’s probably not too far now.

I work with materials  and for oil and gas sector as well and is mentioned in my CV that VO took. I don’t think there are any rejections for manufacturing sector.

Meanwhile, where are you located ?

Yes sent a follow up email to consulate on Friday and did not get any reply yet(except the auto bot reply). Hopping Airbnb's in Ottawa for now, this is week 8 so really awaiting for some kind of response. Are you still in Ottawa?

6 hours ago, amruthaa said:

Yes sent a follow up email to consulate on Friday and did not get any reply yet(except the auto bot reply). Hopping Airbnb's in Ottawa for now, this is week 8 so really awaiting for some kind of response. Are you still in Ottawa?

I am in Guelph now. Mine is 2 weeks and I m already fed up. I can feel your pain...

4 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Yes I always advise if you really need to go to stamping than go else do not. If risky cases and TAL cases I always advise them to go to home country...

Is your Advise for Home country stamping purely in terms of expenses and convenience or does it matter by any means for processing as well ?

15 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

Yes I always advise if you really need to go to stamping than go else do not. If risky cases and TAL cases I always advise them to go to home country...

The only reason I decided to come to Canada was the false sense of security that 221g will be resolved faster, I came to this conclusion based on posts/experiences on various forums. It seems that is not true anymore, lesson learnt.

9 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

In terms of how you will face 221G.. its your personal decision. Mexico do not allow first time H stampping

I understand. In fact attending some technical meetings in Mexico was also one of the reason for stamping. And here I am stuck exactly in the opposite side of world ...I am smiling writing this and sad at the same time. Hope this dark days come to end soon and I can get back to family.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:30 AM, amruthaa said:

The only reason I decided to come to Canada was the false sense of security that 221g will be resolved faster, I came to this conclusion based on posts/experiences on various forums. It seems that is not true anymore, lesson learnt.

I advice people to go to Canada and Mexico if your profile/case is clean else home country best. TAL I always advice home country...

On 2/11/2020 at 7:30 AM, amruthaa said:

In india - if everything goes as we wish its fast. if it goes against our will then we have to stay with 221g in india for months and some times years. 

Most of the Indian community folks work on EVC model ( Contract H1) and if they are sturck with 221g in Indian and its taking months then they will loose job as the client cant wait for months and when Consualte want more info the Candidate is out of job so no chances.

Where as canada/mexico it takes max 4 weeks for 221g for non TAL cases. As Canada and Us have similar time zone and US Consulate in Canada can make calls and clear the enquirer process quick when compared to India . On top of it There are not that big volume of H1 cases the consulate is going to see in Canad?Mexico when compared to India which has a continuous flow on Non-immigrant visa interviews for various categories

Edited by premkalyan521
On 2/12/2020 at 10:31 AM, jpandya said:

I understand. In fact attending some technical meetings in Mexico was also one of the reason for stamping. And here I am stuck exactly in the opposite side of world ...I am smiling writing this and sad at the same time. Hope this dark days come to end soon and I can get back to family.

Hi Jpandya, HAve you by any chance posted this in 221g tracker at *******. There are some of us TAL cases out there