H1b - New Employer

Sidsin

Hi,

My new employer filed my h1b and extension and the case was received at the Nebraska centre on September 19th 2019. On December 31st, the case was transferred from Nebraska to Vermont and the case status online said :

"Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction. On December 31, 2019, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number ****, to another USCIS office"

Now going by the processing times - "

H-1B - Specialty occupation - Extension of stay in the U.S. is now September 26th 2019.

However, the case status on uscis still reads the same. 

Any thoughts what might be going on?

18 hours ago, Sidsin said:

Thanks!

I was thinking, if I file through Premium Processing now, you think they can expedite the H4 case along with it as a courtesy? Biometrics were done already.

You can try. But I would not have high hopes for such a thing.

Why are worried about the H4 case, unless its tied to an EAD. H4 can stay on the receipt notice untill its adjudicated. 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:52 AM, User099 said:

You can try. But I would not have high hopes for such a thing.

Why are worried about the H4 case, unless its tied to an EAD. H4 can stay on the receipt notice untill its adjudicated. 

Only thing is we have to go to India before August 2020 (that's when our current i-94 expires). We hope to get the latest H1b and H4 so that our i94's can be updated when we enter. We dont intend to go in for stamping right now - probably next year. Also, yes - H4 is tied to an EAD which we will apply for once we get the transferred H4. 

20 hours ago, Sidsin said:

Only thing is we have to go to India before August 2020 (that's when our current i-94 expires). We hope to get the latest H1b and H4 so that our i94's can be updated when we enter. We dont intend to go in for stamping right now - probably next year. Also, yes - H4 is tied to an EAD which we will apply for once we get the transferred H4. 

You can apply for H4 EAD while H4 is pending. You don't need to wait for H4 to be approved. 

You are looking for 2-3 months more for h1 and h4 to be approved based on current timing.

My spouse and I are currently on H1b and H4 visa which is valid up till Aug 2020 (our visa’s too are valid till then). I switched jobs in September 2019 and they have applied for my H1b and my spouses h4 along with the extension (I am guessing automatic).

Hoping to receive H1b approval soon but we doubt that we are going to get the H4 approval anytime soon.

We were planning to travel abroad in June 2020 for a week. I am guessing by then we would’ve received, at least the H1b approval.

My question is - can we travel with only the h1b extension approval (hoping that we get it) and re-enter without going again for stamping? What effect will that have on the h4 extension petition and the i94 for the H4?