chennai dropbox - 221g again it looks like

I'm getting used to this now...

I used the dropbox in Chennai a few days back. Today, the status changed to "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery". 

But, the visa status on CEAC is showing as 'administrative processing'. Meh.. I guess that means it's a 221g. After going through this stamping process so many times (I've been in the US for 15+ years), and being with the same company for over 13 years, one would think that they should stamp it without issues. But, no... they have to make life miserable for us. It's never a freaking fun vacation anymore and you can't plan anything properly. Getting tired of this now. 

Anyone on a similar boat? What kind of timeline am I looking at? I'd hate to freaking postpone my trip because of this delay....

Annoyed as hell... 

Edited by freaking_pain
On 1/23/2020 at 1:45 PM, freaking_pain said:

I'm getting used to this now...

I used the dropbox in Chennai a few days back. Today, the status changed to "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery". 

But, the visa status on CEAC is showing as 'administrative processing'. Meh.. I guess that means it's a 221g. After going through this stamping process so many times (I've been in the US for 15+ years), and being with the same company for over 13 years, one would think that they should stamp it without issues. But, no... they have to make life miserable for us. It's never a freaking fun vacation anymore and you can't plan anything properly. Getting tired of this now. 

Anyone on a similar boat? What kind of timeline am I looking at? I'd hate to freaking postpone my trip because of this delay....

Annoyed as hell... 

Sorry about your situation. No one can suggest timeline. You need to see the reason first. Hopefully your issue might get resolved quickly.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:51 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

Wait till you get passport back. Maybe request for in-person.

Yes, it was an interview request. I just attended my interview today too. The only good thing with the 221g is that you can skip all lines and cut right to the chase. The whole process including the interview took me around 45 minutes only. Few basic questions and the golden words "your visa is approved" by the wonderful lady on the other end. I just don't see a reason why they need to see me every single time. As I said, I work for one of the big firms for over 13 years... Oh well. Now, I can get back to my vacation... This visa's good for the next three years and I hope I will get the green-colored card by then. Finger's crossed!

Good luck, people!