Tourist Visa to another Country for H1b Consulate Stamping

Hi,

Can I book a visitor visa to another country and then get H1b stamp through that other country?

Now, countries like Singapore will be alright with that (mostly because it has no merits, truly). Whereas, other countries like Switzerland may impose rules that you cannot 'conduct a business' that is beneficial to the petitioner in any way when you are there as a visitor. 

With that said,

1. What problem I may face when I get to US Consulate in another country for H1b stamping on a tourist visa?

2. How to verify from Kentucky Service Center that my records are in PIMS for consulates globally for consumption?

Regards,

Am not sure of the answers, it was taken from internet resources and sketipcal attorneys.

1. What problem I may face when I get to US Consulate in another country for H1b stamping on a tourist visa?

Guys, I found the response asking a few attorneys. There is a risk that PIMS update may lead to being stranded in foreign country for months.

2. How to verify from Kentucky Service Center that my records are in PIMS for consulates globally for consumption?

1-888-840-0032

TO: PIMS@state.gov, 

vancouverNIV@state.gov

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am XXX bearing Indian passport: XXX, I have an appointment for visa stamping on XXX, I would like to verify my information inPIMS database.

Please find the attached petition (I-797) and appointment confirmation for more details.

Details:

Appointment confirmation:

Receipt Number: 

Petitioner:

Beneficiary: 

Passport Number: 

DOB: 

Classification: 

Starting Validity Date: 

Ending Validity Date: 

Thank you!

XXX

1. What problem I may face when I get to US Consulate in another country for H1b stamping on a tourist visa?-- beside PIMS the top risk factor is facing 221G. How you will sustain and live in 3rd country when you get 221G. Better to get the country tourist visa and go. I always do either for Canada or Mexico.

Beside sending a mail to PIMS( which I highly doubt) try to get either new state ID card or drivers license which will  trigger a query for immigration status and I feel PIMS will get updated. No hard code research to back up my hunch but I follow this. If your visa interview is outside of 6 months of H1B approval by that time PIMS will be updated.

Edited by gopalakrishnach
20 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

1. What problem I may face when I get to US Consulate in another country for H1b stamping on a tourist visa?-- beside PIMS the top risk factor is facing 221G. How you will sustain and live in 3rd country when you get 221G. Better to get the country tourist visa and go. I always do either for Canada or Mexico.

Beside sending a mail to PIMS( which I highly doubt) try to get either new state ID card or drivers license which will  trigger a query for immigration status and I feel PIMS will get updated. No hard code research to back up my hunch but I follow this. If your visa interview is outside of 6 months of H1B approval by that time PIMS will be updated.

Thanks Gopal. 

A new state ID in the 3rd country? I will...

Also, I heard PIMS missing in India. At that time, I should try to get a driver's license in India.. ? I will try that too..

6 months is a long time, the firm I work for is urging me to get the stamping done. They have filed with numerous errors, I could have done a better job filing it. I have 10 months on my H1b and I have already lost a month.

19 hours ago, SupariSharma said:

Thanks Gopal. 

Also, I heard PIMS missing in India. At that time, I should try to get a driver's license in India.. ? I will try that too..

6 months is a long time, the firm I work for is urging me to get the stamping done. They have filed with numerous errors, I could have done a better job filing it. I have 10 months on my H1b and I have already lost a month.

Thanks Gopal. I got response from the same email about CLAIMS, a new system that they are using apparently. What is CLAIMS, how to check if CLAIMS status is "issued". I think it is the VISA status...not sure. Please help,

Thank you for contacting the Kentucky Consular Center.  Your inquiry has been received, and we will make every reasonable effort to respond to you in a timely manner.
If you are contacting us in regards to a missing petition in PIMS, please confirm that the petition’s status in CLAIMS is “issued,” and provide KCC with the visa applicant’s name, date of birth, place of birth, and case number.  We will update PIMS as soon as possible.  Please allow 24 hours for replication to PIMS. In the event your request isn’t available in PIMS after 24 hours, please submit your request again.
Public inquiries regarding the application process for a non-immigrant petition or the current status of a non-immigrant petition application should be directed to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.  Additional methods for contacting USCIS can be found here:  https://www.uscis.gov/contactcenter. You may also check the status of a filed petition at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do.
Additional visa-related information and frequently asked questions provided by the Department of State can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas.html.
No additional replies will be provided to non-PIMS related inquiries received.

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.
On 1/22/2020 at 8:03 AM, SupariSharma said:

Thanks Gopal. 

A new state ID in the 3rd country? I will.....

I thoguth you are in USA now. Please discard my suggestion about state ID...

Below will also not work in India...

I do not know what you can do beside sending mail when you are in India...

If your visa interview  leads to PIMS issue I feel it will take 1 to 2 business days to get PIMS resolved since the consulate where you had the interview will initiate the request...

Edited by gopalakrishnach
16 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

A new state ID in the 3rd country? I will.....

I thoguth you are in USA now. Please discard my suggestion about state ID...

Below will also not work in India...

I do not know what you can do beside sending mail when you are in India...

If your visa interview  leads to PIMS issue I feel it will take 1 to 2 business days to get PIMS resolved since the consulate where you had the interview will initiate the request...

Thanks Gopal! I sent an email to pims@stat.gov, along with interview consulate. emailed copies. I got an auto-response about a system called CLAIMS; If CLAIMS shows "issued", apparently the consulate officer is supposed to email with some sort of a reference number.

Thanks, it calms me down hearing maybe days or weeks..just praying for the best