F1 Visa Interview Different Major

comeback

Hello.

I have a B.Tech in Electronics & Communication, and an M.Tech in Wireless Communication (ECE).

After this I have some research and teaching experience at my university. Initially I had plans to submit the research as part of a PhD.

However, as my interests have changed and even my adviser is encouraging me to pursue something in my area of interest.

I am considering applying for a Masters in Computer Science or Software Engineering in the US.
Will my background pose challenges during my F1 visa interview?

I was replying to the original post that apply for a master's in CS pose any challenges in the visa interview and not what you said Noah.

I agreed the he will have to prove that he will go back after his masters is done.

7 hours ago, Noah Lott said:

it will, because it always applies to student visa applicants.

On 1/21/2020 at 9:58 PM, User099 said:

I was replying to the original post that apply for a master's in CS pose any challenges in the visa interview and not what you said Noah.

I agreed the he will have to prove that he will go back after his masters is done.

Thank you @User099 and @Noah Lott for replying.

I will be applying for both masters and PhD programs, and do intend to return after the coursework and maybe some research-work or practical training. I have my family - my parents, brother and sister in law - everyone in India. Moreover, I don't have any relative in the US. I am single and have no dependents.

But how can anyone prove that they will return?