H4 Visa stamping question

Hi There, 

Please advise; 

Question 1: 

My current H1B will expire on May 31st, 2020 and also my first extension has been approved from 5/31/2020 to 3/31/2021. Before approval of my H1B extension, I have booked an H4 Visa slot for my wife with my current H1B number in the Cgifederal site but I haven't submitted the DS-160 application yet for her visa application. Now, I am thinking to update the DS-160 with my new H1B case number with end date 3/31/2021. Will that work? Will she get the visa end date as per my new H1B extension case number? Or will that cause an issue with the mismatched H1B case number in CGIFederal site where we apply for a visa and DS-160? In the CGIFederal site, I see the H1B case number option in the profile but after the visa slot booked I am not seeing that option to update. Thanks. 

Question 2: 

I got visa stamped until May 31, 2020, and now I am travelling to India and returning back in the Feb 16th, 2020. I know I can come back with the same visa since it hasn't expired but in the port of entry will they update I-94 duration end date according to my new H1B extension copy automatically or Do I need to request the officer to update I-94 end date in the portal by showing the approved H1B document?

Much Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Esh_Eshwa
Added more information.
On 1/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, Esh_Eshwa said:

Hi There, 

Please advise; 

Question 1: 

My current H1B will expire on May 31st, 2020 and also my first extension has been approved from 5/31/2020 to 3/31/2021. Before approval of my H1B extension, I have booked an H4 Visa slot for my wife with my current H1B number in the Cgifederal site but I haven't submitted the DS-160 application yet for her visa application. Now, I am thinking to update the DS-160 with my new H1B case number with end date 3/31/2021. Will that work? Will she get the visa end date as per my new H1B extension case number? Or will that cause an issue with the mismatched H1B case number in CGIFederal site where we apply for a visa and DS-160? In the CGIFederal site, I see the H1B case number option in the profile but after the visa slot booked I am not seeing that option to update. Thanks. 

Question 2: 

I got visa stamped until May 31, 2020, and now I am travelling to India and returning back in the Feb 16th, 2020. I know I can come back with the same visa since it hasn't expired but in the port of entry will they update I-94 duration end date according to my new H1B extension copy automatically or Do I need to request the officer to update I-94 end date in the portal by showing the approved H1B document?

Much Thanks in advance. 

1) Just updated the new details in DS-160 and you shud be good.

2) You need to make sure to show new I-797 to POE officer and check for I-94 stamp on passport before leaving the counter.