All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pd0511

US Visa Appt at Hyderabad - OFC vs Interview

Hello

I am trying to schedule my H1 visa interview at Hyderabad location in India. Website is showing options to select OFC appointment first and currently its giving me options till end of March only. On the left side of the page, it says first available appointment is April 15th.

1. If earliest available interview appt date is April 15th, I would like to schedule OFC date only 1 or 2 days prior. So,should I wait till OFC dates for April open? I wonder if they open OFC dates only till a certain number of days like 2 months or something. Is it?
  2. Once I book OFC appt and interview appt, can I change them any number of times? And if I try to change, can I change any one of them or am I supposed to change both only?
  3. My spouse is on H4 and she is eligible for Dropbox. Can her appointment happen before mine? 

Please suggest.

Thank you.

So,should I wait till OFC dates for April open? -- take date now and change later.

can I change them any number of times? -- YES

can I change any one of them or am I supposed to change both only? -- both or one. But OFC must come ahead of interview.

Can her appointment happen before mine?  - YES, She needs to carry your H1B approval copy.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:54 AM, pd0511 said:

Hello

I am trying to schedule my H1 visa interview at Hyderabad location in India. Website is showing options to select OFC appointment first and currently its giving me options till end of March only. On the left side of the page, it says first available appointment is April 15th.

1. If earliest available interview appt date is April 15th, I would like to schedule OFC date only 1 or 2 days prior. So,should I wait till OFC dates for April open? I wonder if they open OFC dates only till a certain number of days like 2 months or something. Is it?
  2. Once I book OFC appt and interview appt, can I change them any number of times? And if I try to change, can I change any one of them or am I supposed to change both only?
  3. My spouse is on H4 and she is eligible for Dropbox. Can her appointment happen before mine? 

Please suggest.

Thank you.

2. There is a limit to re schedule. You can call customer care and ask them.

3. Yeah she can go before you.