Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amruthaa

221g Ottawa

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Received 221g blue slip at Ottawa consulate on Dec 20th and currently still waiting for the Administrative Processing to be completed. Saw similar posts in past where there were multiple people going through this wait so wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat currently. I was asked to submit CV, Educational Transcripts and List of Publications I am associated with(I have a PhD in Materials Science — which may be one of the reasons to get 221g because my education is in TAL field). I am an FTE working with same employer since past 7 years with approved I140. 
 

This wait is literally killing everyone as my family including my 2.5 year old son is back in US. Praying this resolves as soon as possible. Did anyone go through this and eventually got denied? Please share experiences, thanks! I would not wish this to happen to my worst enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, amruthaa said:

Hello,

Received 221g blue slip at Ottawa consulate on Dec 20th and currently still waiting for the Administrative Processing to be completed. Saw similar posts in past where there were multiple people going through this wait so wondering if there is anyone else in the same boat currently. I was asked to submit CV, Educational Transcripts and List of Publications I am associated with(I have a PhD in Materials Science — which may be one of the reasons to get 221g because my education is in TAL field). I am an FTE working with same employer since past 7 years with approved I140. 
 

This wait is literally killing everyone as my family including my 2.5 year old son is back in US. Praying this resolves as soon as possible. Did anyone go through this and eventually got denied? Please share experiences, thanks! I would not wish this to happen to my worst enemy.

Sorry for your situation. TAL field is always a case for 221G. I did not see denials on this forum reported for this reason but it is just extra verification time needed by the consulate.

Share this post


Link to post

Dear Amrutha, I empathize with your circumstances......am sorry that its hurting you. There are many variables involved with 221g. Statistically determined to be linked with the employer 99% of the time; In that, the employer does not in some way fall under a bright light in eyes of law for having the ability to carry out H1b / other in a perfect way. It also extends to the employer's inability to pay the employee/ tax discrepancies that arise due to non payment to several workers/ improper tax documentation by employer/ failed audit on company/ personal documentation that does not strike good bells (DUI, other investigations, criminal cases-major).

If you heard the consulate officer say, why can't you find some other employer, this could be a kind gesture and a clue that it is not your fault. If not, you may be a resource (am only guessing) who has capacity to pay for another F1 and are a good revenue source, thereby, creating a vent there for you to step back, review things, put them together again and follow the visa process through transfer. Alternatively, since you are married, H4 is not such a bad option, as you get to work as well and can switch to H1b anytime.

Am simply saaring my opinions and logics. Mind does get tested during these periods, ofcourse. Otherwise, we will never turn to God, perhaps....

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, SupariSharma said:

Dear Amrutha, I empathize with your circumstances......am sorry that its hurting you. There are many variables involved with 221g. Statistically determined to be linked with the employer 99% of the time; In that, the employer does not in some way fall under a bright light in eyes of law for having the ability to carry out H1b / other in a perfect way. It also extends to the employer's inability to pay the employee/ tax discrepancies that arise due to non payment to several workers/ improper tax documentation by employer/ failed audit on company/ personal documentation that does not strike good bells (DUI, other investigations, criminal cases-major).

If you heard the consulate officer say, why can't you find some other employer, this could be a kind gesture and a clue that it is not your fault. If not, you may be a resource (am only guessing) who has capacity to pay for another F1 and are a good revenue source, thereby, creating a vent there for you to step back, review things, put them together again and follow the visa process through transfer. Alternatively, since you are married, H4 is not such a bad option, as you get to work as well and can switch to H1b anytime.

Am simply saaring my opinions and logics. Mind does get tested during these periods, ofcourse. Otherwise, we will never turn to God, perhaps....

 

Dude here there is nothing about employer. Please stop scaring. This is simple straight forward TAL 221G cases. Almost all TAL cases lead to 221G and almost all get visa stamped but takes some extra verification time.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2020 at 10:48 AM, shekar11# said:

Sorry for your situation. TAL field is always a case for 221G. I did not see denials on this forum reported for this reason but it is just extra verification time needed by the consulate.

True.. " Almost all TAL cases lead to 221G and almost all get visa stamped but takes some extra verification time. "

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Sorry to hear and yes it seems more likely TAL issue. Please plan accordingly. I wish this is resolved soon.

Thank you, I hope it will resolve soon as well. I have been reading on other forums too and it seems blue slips take between 14-21 business days to resolve but these stats are from 2019 and hopefully still the same. Today is the 17th business day.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2020 at 9:55 PM, SupariSharma said:

Dear Amrutha, I empathize with your circumstances......am sorry that its hurting you. There are many variables involved with 221g. Statistically determined to be linked with the employer 99% of the time; In that, the employer does not in some way fall under a bright light in eyes of law for having the ability to carry out H1b / other in a perfect way. It also extends to the employer's inability to pay the employee/ tax discrepancies that arise due to non payment to several workers/ improper tax documentation by employer/ failed audit on company/ personal documentation that does not strike good bells (DUI, other investigations, criminal cases-major).

If you heard the consulate officer say, why can't you find some other employer, this could be a kind gesture and a clue that it is not your fault. If not, you may be a resource (am only guessing) who has capacity to pay for another F1 and are a good revenue source, thereby, creating a vent there for you to step back, review things, put them together again and follow the visa process through transfer. Alternatively, since you are married, H4 is not such a bad option, as you get to work as well and can switch to H1b anytime.

Am simply saaring my opinions and logics. Mind does get tested during these periods, ofcourse. Otherwise, we will never turn to God, perhaps....

 

Definitely nothing to do with employer, like I said I have been with this employer since more than 7 years as FTE in manufacturing industry. Thanks for your reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2020 at 1:48 PM, shekar11# said:

Sorry for your situation. TAL field is always a case for 221G. I did not see denials on this forum reported for this reason but it is just extra verification time needed by the consulate.

Gives me much needed reassurance that there were no denials reported on this forum due to TAL field, I have been reading the same on various other blogs/pages as well, thanks for your reply.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2020 at 10:22 AM, amruthaa said:

Gives me much needed reassurance that there were no denials reported on this forum due to TAL field, I have been reading the same on various other blogs/pages as well, thanks for your reply.

Did you have any updates on website since interview ?

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×