Change of consulate location for H1B stamp

Hi,

I am in a time sensitive situation and am trying to get my H1B visa stamped in either Mexico or Canada. I currently reside in USA and I have an approved petition (until 2022). I want to clarify if I can pay the visa fees and book an appointment in Canada and be able to change that to a Mexico consulate should a more suitable date becomes available?  Or, is it limited to other locations in the same country ? 

On 1/14/2020 at 3:22 AM, Madhuri66 said:

Hi,

I am in a time sensitive situation and am trying to get my H1B visa stamped in either Mexico or Canada. I currently reside in USA and I have an approved petition (until 2022). I want to clarify if I can pay the visa fees and book an appointment in Canada and be able to change that to a Mexico consulate should a more suitable date becomes available?  Or, is it limited to other locations in the same country ? 

You cannot change countries. However you can pay money in both countries and look for earliest appointment in any of the countries. You will have to forego the visa fee amount because it is non-refundable if you don't attend visa stamping.

FYI: Mexico does not allow change of status stamping.