I140 - H1B Extensions beyond 6 Years

Vasu22

Hi , 
I transferred my H1B from Employer A to Employer B. Currently working with Employer B on H1B. I have an approved I140 with a Priority date in 2014 with my Previous Employer A. I worked on H1B with Employer A from Oct 2013 - Dec 2017, my 6 Year period on H1B  ended in Sep 2019.  I moved to Employer B in Dec 2017 and got the H1B Approved until Dec 2020.  My question now is, 

1.    What happens if we don’t start the GC Process with Employer B, Do you think I can still file my H1B Extension with Employer B in 2020 with an Approved I140 from Previous Employer A?
2.    What happens if my previous employer revokes my previous I140?  Can i still file for H1B Extensions with Emp B in 2020 using the Approved I140 from my Previous Employer?

Edited by Vasu22
On 1/9/2020 at 1:06 PM, Vasu22 said:

Hi , 
I transferred my H1B from Employer A to Employer B. Currently working with Employer B on H1B. I have an approved I140 with a Priority date in 2014 with my Previous Employer A. I worked on H1B with Employer A from Oct 2013 - Dec 2017, my 6 Year period on H1B  ended in Sep 2019.  I moved to Employer B in Dec 2017 and got the H1B Approved until Dec 2020.  My question now is, 

1.    What happens if we don’t start the GC Process with Employer B, Do you think I can still file my H1B Extension with Employer B in 2020 with an Approved I140 from Previous Employer A?
2.    What happens if my previous employer revokes my previous I140?  Can i still file for H1B Extensions with Emp B in 2020 using the Approved I140 from my Previous Employer?

1. Yes, you can file for extension with B with I140 approved from A.

2. Even if A revokes you I140, you can still use it for extension as it was approved for more than 180 days. 

• 3 weeks later...