All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coder_plus

N400: There is no status update/notification after naturalization interview

Dear Friends, Wish you a Happy New Year 2020 to everyone!

I have attended my N400 interview in the first week of December and got N-652 form with the below items marked.

* You passed the tests of English and U.S. history and government.
* USCIS will send you a written decision about your application.
* Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be /notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony.

After that I have not received any other update or notifications from the USCIS, myuscis online status still shows "interview was scheduled".

Officer was very friendly and kind, and interview went well in my understanding.

Also the finger printing/scanning equipment was not working in my room, and I have signed on a iPad device, (it was not usual for me to sign free hand,

my free hand signature may not be perfect, i am not sure)

also looks like the local field office does not accept infopass.

is this normal? what I can expect from here?

Please advise me?

Best regards!

Edited by coder_plus

The status is not updated for things at the local USCIS offices. Mine said scheduled long after I got naturalized.

By law they have 120 days (if I remember right) after the interview to make a decision. If it takes longer to get the approval, you can file a Writ of Mandamus. They approve things very quickly once they receive that.

I think I am in a unique situation, it is been six weeks and waiting, 

contacted the USCIS via myuscis port online inquiry and received response saying, "if final approval granted, we will let you know when and where to report the oath ceremony"

I am not sure why the case/final approval pending?

any one else had similar situation? I am curious also anxious 😞

Thank you!

I attended the citizenship interview few days back in Fairfax, VA. My interview went fine and i passed the test but IO gave a letter stating "Decision cannot be made". Upon asking why, he said he haven't received my A-file and needs to review it before he can take a decision. He said it might take 45 days before I hear anything. As JoeF mentioned, there is nothing we can do other than wait for 120 days.

I had a top attorney with me for the interview and he said there is no use contacting USCIS or senators as we always get the standard respone such as case is pending etc.,

I'm in similar situation as you and found so many others in similar ones as well. Hang tight and hopefully you and I will hear something sooner. 

Keep posted if anything changes.

Good Luck.

Edited by Kwin

On 1/16/2020 at 7:57 AM, Kwin said:

I attended the citizenship interview few days back in Fairfax, VA. My interview went fine and i passed the test but IO gave a letter stating "Decision cannot be made". Upon asking why, he said he haven't received my A-file and needs to review it before he can take a decision. He said it might take 45 days before I hear anything. As JoeF mentioned, there is nothing we can do other than wait for 120 days.

I had a top attorney with me for the interview and he said there is no use contacting USCIS or senators as we always get the standard respone such as case is pending etc.,

I'm in similar situation as you and found so many others in similar ones as well. Hang tight and hopefully you and I will hear something sooner. 

Keep posted if anything changes.

Good Luck.

Thank you @Kwin for sharing and this helps!

week 8 and still waiting for the final approval, looks like I have to wait to hear from USCIS and no other way to check why the case is still pending 😞

I am in the same boat. Attended the Interview in Feb 2019 at Fairfax. Passed all the tests but was given N-652 stating written decision will be mailed.  My initial interview was rescheduled  from Jan to Feb due to office closure because of weather. The office during interview stated that he still has to review my file

It's been almost a year (11 months) with no update. Tried to follow up with USCIS multiple times using SRs and online, got the same standard answer :We  are still reviewing and do not know how long it's going to take. 

Tried through Senators and got the same response.

On 1/25/2020 at 12:22 PM, Immusa said:

I am in the same boat. Attended the Interview in Feb 2019 at Fairfax. Passed all the tests but was given N-652 stating written decision will be mailed.  My initial interview was rescheduled  from Jan to Feb due to office closure because of weather. The office during interview stated that he still has to review my file

It's been almost a year (11 months) with no update. Tried to follow up with USCIS multiple times using SRs and online, got the same standard answer :We  are still reviewing and do not know how long it's going to take. 

Tried through Senators and got the same response.

@immusa what was the interview outcome on N-652 form? as far as I know USCIS have to adjudicate you case and provide the decision in 120 days of the initial interview, please check with a lawyer. 11 months is too long, only a qualified immigration lawyer can help for the resolution if any.

Thank you!

Hello All 

I am same boat with you guys, 

Filled N-400-07-01-2019 based on 3 yrs marriage base (I have one daughter)

Done interview 09-25-2019

I passed civic test , decision can not be made , IO told me to wait 2 weeks , its been over 120 days , I called USCIS 1st week of January  created ticket got respond via email after 2 weeks " Your case is currently delayed because the required security checks are still pending. We cannot make a decision on your case until we receive the results of these security checks."

I called again last week to USCIS  for expedite to make decision my case , today I saw update online "On January 28, 2020, your request to have your case expedited, referral number T1M023200xxxx, was assigned to an officer for response." 

lets see what is come out with this one !!!! 

tell me what should i do next step ?

checked online  USCIS my expedite request completed! USCIS did not send me email or call what they made decision behalf of my expedite request so i called USCIS they told me sent a mail letter for evidence since i pick " USCIS ERROR due to expedite "!!!!

I do not know what to provide them as evidence only reason i pick that because they told me I will get decision after interview within 120 days 

and it passed this why when i called for expedite picked reason is USCIS error

can any one suggest me what should i provide them as evidence!! I can think only write a letter 😞

On 1/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, coder_plus said:

@immusa what was the interview outcome on N-652 form? as far as I know USCIS have to adjudicate you case and provide the decision in 120 days of the initial interview, please check with a lawyer. 11 months is too long, only a qualified immigration lawyer can help for the resolution if any.

Thank you!

Thanks for your input folks.

In N-652 Form, Check boxes for "you passed the english test and U.S.History and Government Test" , "A decision cannot be made yet about your application" were checked digitally . And also  officer manually checked "USCIS will send you a written decision about your application" using a pen.

Also, I field a request through ombudsman and received an update by USCIS last week. They are going to schedule second interview in next 180 days. I got my G.C through employment and do not have any incidents like arrests, DUI etc.  Not sure what's prompting this second Interview.

Can we have a lawyer with us during Interview and is that going to help?

Thank You.

N-400 - Application pending Final Approval for 9 weeks

Is there any reason why N-400 application is pending for final approval once it is recommended for approval?
Is this common scenario? Have any one faced similar situation?
Online case status is not updated after the interview, it still says 'interview was scheduled'

I am worried, during interview finger printing was not done, no picture was taken and
signing on a iPad with hand, signature may not be same as signing using a pen frown.png

Have anyone called for second interview with problems like above?

Thanks to God! Today my case status got updated to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled' Thank you everyone for your help and support in this forum, I wish everyone good luck!

9 hours ago, coder_plus said:

Thanks to God! Today my case status got updated to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled' Thank you everyone for your help and support in this forum, I wish everyone good luck!

Congrats!

checked online  USCIS my expedite request completed! USCIS did not send me email or call what they made decision behalf of my expedite request so i called USCIS they told me sent a mail letter for evidence since i pick " USCIS ERROR due to expedite "!!!!

I do not know what to provide them as evidence only reason i pick that because they told me I will get decision after interview within 145 +days 

no decision yet😞

pontevecchio/JoeF,

Could you please advise on how much would it cost generally to file 'writ of Mandamus ' including lawyer and court fee? 

Thanks for the help.