H1b-221g-can i file extension ?

Hi,

I got my H1b petition approved a month ago , but only for 3 months (till 26 feb 2020). But i got consular processing and have been asked to go to India for stamping.

I came to India for stamping last month (December) and got blue slip on Dec 19th. 

They asked for client letter and few other documents which i submitted in the interview. But still the VO gave me another blue slip and returned the passport and put my case in Administrative Processing. She took the client letter alone with her. 

Still my case is in Administrative processing and neither my client received any call or mail for verification. 

My question is - as i have my approval only till feb26 2020, can i go ahead and file an extension on my case while my previous petition itself is in Administrative processing ?  

I feel that even if i get this case done after few weeks, i may be very close to feb 26, so i am afraid they will not stamp if only weeks are left. So is it safe to file an extesion now itself ? Am i eligible to file extension before i get the result of this administrative procesing ???