Two change of status applications with USCIS concurrently

NDD

Hello Experts,

I have a Change of status from F2 to H1b going on right now. My husband is also moving from f1 to h1b. I would also like to file another parallel change of status from F2 to H4 (since if F2 to H1b doesnt go through I will need to go back to India).

My questions are:

1) What happens if two COS applications (F2 to H1B and F2 to H4) are active at the same time with USCIS?
2) Will USCIS cancel both of my applications?
3) What happens if F2 to H4 is approved before F2 to H1B and vice versa?

Please help answer these questions.

Thanks

you can have 2 applications. The application that gets approved last will be effective and if you want to switch status you will have to file a petition again. If H1 is approved first and H4 later, then you will be on H4 and will have to stop working. You will have to file a new H1 application or go for H1 stamping. Same goes the other way too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 1:24 AM, User099 said:

you can have 2 applications. The application that gets approved last will be effective and if you want to switch status you will have to file a petition again. If H1 is approved first and H4 later, then you will be on H4 and will have to stop working. You will have to file a new H1 application or go for H1 stamping. Same goes the other way too.

Hi User099,

Thank you for your reply.