Visa stamp interview is required or not if previous employer visa is not expired

Hi

I was working with Employer A and visa stamped with expired date as April 2020. I had changed to Employer B in Oct 2018 and current visa is valid till Oct 2020. I am planning to visit India now in Jan 2020, when i am applying for consulate appointment i have been asked that whether my previous visa is valid or not.

Is my previous visa valid after changing the employer.

When i answered Yes, i am getting response as 'Interview is not required and only drop off documents is enough'

Could you please clarify.

Regards,

Kiran.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:41 AM, Kiran Pasunooti said:

Hi

I was working with Employer A and visa stamped with expired date as April 2020. I had changed to Employer B in Oct 2018 and current visa is valid till Oct 2020. I am planning to visit India now in Jan 2020, when i am applying for consulate appointment i have been asked that whether my previous visa is valid or not.

Is my previous visa valid after changing the employer.

When i answered Yes, i am getting response as 'Interview is not required and only drop off documents is enough'

Could you please clarify.

Regards,

Kiran.

No need of new visa. You can use existing visa and come back by showing employer B I-797 at port of entry. If you have an option of drop box, go for it. In your case looks like you are eligible for drop box option.