Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

In-State(in L2 Visa) Master degree student applying for H1B eligible for Master degree cap

Recommended Posts

I am doing Master degree (a STEM course) as In-State(currently in L2 Visa) student. I am planning to apply for H-1B visa. Am I eligible for Master degree cap quota of 20000? or Do I have to get F1 visa to be eligible for Master degree cap?

Share this post

Link to post

If the university is a public, or private non-profit university you qualify for the H1 Master's quota. It doesn't matter in which status tou studied.

Share this post

Link to post

Thanks JoeF for the reply. Once more question. When I do part-time or online Masters degree in a non-profit university am I eligible to apply for H1B Master degree cap quota of 20000? 

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this