H1B Visa interview, in 8th year

sree57

Hi All,

I'm planning to attend for the H1B visa interview in Feb or March 2020.

My background:

1. Lived in USA since 2007; MS in CS from a Texas university.

2. Currently in Fulltime job with current employer since July 2015 and have my labor and I-140 approved.

3. I'm on H1B since Oct 2012 and my current petition is valid until July 2021.

Below are my questions and your valuable inputs will be of great help :)

1. What should I expect going for a first time stamping in my 8th year of H1B? 

2. I have a two year old son (US citizen), Can I take him along with me to the interview? If I can, are any documents needed?

3. Should I carry any documents related to my green card? Perm or I-140 approvals?

4. I have labor and I-140 approved from a prior employer as well, should I carry related documents?

5. How many years of W2s should I carry?

6. I have been promoted mid-year this year, and so my current title is different from the one on the LCA (from last year's approval), how should I justify? Would the employment verification letter be sufficient?

7. We will have a yearly hike in Feb each year, and my salary would be different to what I mentioned in DS-160. Would just one recent paystub be sufficient to justify the change?

8. What documents would I need from prior employers? should I take any paystubs? prior approved H1-B copies?

Thank you !!

Sree

On 12/27/2019 at 3:09 PM, sree57 said:

Hi All,

I'm planning to attend for the H1B visa interview in Feb or March 2020.

My background:

1. Lived in USA since 2007; MS in CS from a Texas university.

2. Currently in Fulltime job with current employer since July 2015 and have my labor and I-140 approved.

3. I'm on H1B since Oct 2012 and my current petition is valid until July 2021.

Below are my questions and your valuable inputs will be of great help 🙂

1. What should I expect going for a first time stamping in my 8th year of H1B? 

2. I have a two year old son (US citizen), Can I take him along with me to the interview? If I can, are any documents needed?

3. Should I carry any documents related to my green card? Perm or I-140 approvals?

4. I have labor and I-140 approved from a prior employer as well, should I carry related documents?

5. How many years of W2s should I carry?

6. I have been promoted mid-year this year, and so my current title is different from the one on the LCA (from last year's approval), how should I justify? Would the employment verification letter be sufficient?

7. We will have a yearly hike in Feb each year, and my salary would be different to what I mentioned in DS-160. Would just one recent paystub be sufficient to justify the change?

8. What documents would I need from prior employers? should I take any paystubs? prior approved H1-B copies?

Thank you !!

Sree

Hi can someone please share your valuable inputs? Its been 13 years that I have attended a visa interview.. your suggestions will be of great help!!

1. The same as any other person going for stamping.

2. Why? Do you not have relatives back home? 

3. 4. You should carry the I-140 approvals

5. As many as you want. The last year should do along with tax returns for the last 3 years.

6. Why was an amendment not done if there was a material change in the job?

7. Nothing to justify

8. Since you are working for the same company for 5 years, nothing from prior employers is needed.

If you studied in a known college in Texas and obeyed all the rules, you should not have to worry about anything. 

Edited by pontevecchio

Take as much documentation as you can and go through the visa experiences of others.

You can take your son, not additional documentation is needed. 

Now coming to your promotion and title change, this will need an amendment to be filed if the job duties have changes. You might have to talk this with your legal team as to why they did not file an amendment.

Pay hike is ok, you can enter you current salary in DS160 and tell the VO that you got a payhike after submitted the DS160 if they ask. 

Thankyou very much for your valuable replies; I’m very happy to get responses 😊

my son could be having stranger anxiety, so I thought of taking him along with me.

regarding the promotion; I was promoted to a senior developer from a level 2 developer; my role hasn’t changed much except to act as a subject matter expert for our domain for cross- team functionality/ consulting. My attorney has asked me to fill out a 50% chart(they gave a template with all duties listed) to analyze the changes in my duties and then make a decision; but I wanted to get your opinions too.

THANK YOU both once again