Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can i use approved I140 after left US? can I go for consular processing from Canada?

Recommended Posts

please can  someone advice me? 

here is my H1b visa syory 

1)Company A filed h1b visa and worked there from april 2007 till oct31 2009 and applied for extension 

2)got extended from oct31 2009 to june 24 2011 and did a h1 transfer to Company B

and i got i140 approved Company A and PD is 2010 January 

3)  started working on company B from  2012 December till 2013june and left to india due to some family reasons and joined in IT firm chennai worked till December 2015


 Company 3 filed new h1b and I-797 issued 2015 october  and scheduled interview date july 2016, before stamping i have moved to canada with family  on PR in june 2016 but did not go for stamping again back to India due to family inconveniences hapnd in canada

some of my frieds are suggesting try another h1b from canada but i was wondering is there any way to get Green card thru Company A filed I140 that was approved in year 2011(PD-jan2010)

whats the best option i have with my approved I140? 

how company A can support me if help needed to complete the process? 

do i have to start all over again? 

can someone advise me 

Share this post

Link to post

You are eligible to file cap-exempt H1-B with the approved I-140 which company A filed for you. I'm assuming you were with the employer A for atleast 6 months after your I-140 approval.

You can find an employer who can sponsor your H1-B and you are all good.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now