Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting NORI certificate and extending J1visa possible?

Recommended Posts

Hi I am an Indian citizen doing post doctoral research with J1 visa status (2nd year) I am thinking of applying for NORI  by getting attestation from the Consulate general of India washington, dc and sending the attested copies to the ministry of higher education,  the home state in India and the regional passport office and receiving  NORI from the three Indian sites and filing it to get the NORI certificate from the consulate general of India and then extending my J1 visa. Is it possible for me to extend my J1 visa even after getting the NORI certificate from consulate general of India in Washington dc before filing to the US state department for the waiver. How long the validity of the NORI certificate from the consulate general of india is it for lifetime or has specific time period?

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now