h1b grace period and transfer

pss12345

Hi,
-I am currently out of employment and last day of my previous employment was 11/13 and am on 60 days grace period
- I got an offer and working on H1b transfer

Questions,
1. Should the H1b transfer need to filed or I should join the job before 60 days?
2. If its just filing, Can I join the job even after 60 days completed?
3. If h1b transfer didnt get filed by last week towards end of 60 days, can i file h4 visa COS in the meantime ? So that i wont be out of status and once H1 transfer completes then i can start working and i can join with new employer.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2019 at 9:20 PM, pss12345 said:

Hi,
-I am currently out of employment and last day of my previous employment was 11/13 and am on 60 days grace period
- I got an offer and working on H1b transfer

Questions,
1. Should the H1b transfer need to filed or I should join the job before 60 days?
2. If its just filing, Can I join the job even after 60 days completed?
3. If h1b transfer didnt get filed by last week towards end of 60 days, can i file h4 visa COS in the meantime ? So that i wont be out of status and once H1 transfer completes then i can start working and i can join with new employer.

Thanks

Hi,

What happened in your case? Please update us if you don't mind as I'm in a similar situation.