Kolkata H1 Visa Stamping - VO said approved but CEAC status says Administrative Processing

AKUS2006

Details below for Interview :

Fingerprinting : Dec 11th
Visa Interview Date : Dec 12th

Been in US since 2006 and working as full-time in one of the oldest company of USA since last 5 years. Went for stamping after 7 years. Interview lasted 5 min and Visa Officer said Visa is approved and kept our passports (mine & wife's - H4). Gave me a white sheet stating "Congratulations  your US Non-Immigrant Visa to visit the United States has been approved!" followed by some details.

When I got home and checked the case status on CEAC it read - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days." As of now status is still the same.

Anyone else experienced this - even after VO said Visa is approved and kept passports? If so what is time line for Visa approval? Any cause for worry?

10 hours ago, AKUS2006 said:

Details below for Interview :

Fingerprinting : Dec 11th
Visa Interview Date : Dec 12th

Been in US since 2006 and working as full-time in one of the oldest company of USA since last 5 years. Went for stamping after 7 years. Interview lasted 5 min and Visa Officer said Visa is approved and kept our passports (mine & wife's - H4). Gave me a white sheet stating "Congratulations  your US Non-Immigrant Visa to visit the United States has been approved!" followed by some details.

When I got home and checked the case status on CEAC it read - "Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days." As of now status is still the same.

Anyone else experienced this - even after VO said Visa is approved and kept passports? If so what is time line for Visa approval? Any cause for worry?

That is a standard message. Give yourself at least till Dec 18th and then check.

• 2 weeks later...