All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaksha

DS-160 previous employment

Hello All,

I am working for company A right after from my OPT started (since Jan, 2017) and November, 2019 my H1B got approved with same employer. overall i am working for the same company close to 3 years.  

I am planning for visa stamping by jan 2020- These are my questions while filing DS160. 

1) Work/Education/ Training Information

• Employment start date- Do I need to give my start date when I actually started working (Jan,2017)  (or) it should be the start by i797 (November,2019)?

2) were you previously employed?

• Do i need to mention any previous employment , since i have only one employer right from the OPT.

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,

Kaksha

19 hours ago, kaksha said:

Hello All,

I am working for company A right after from my OPT started (since Jan, 2017) and November, 2019 my H1B got approved with same employer. overall i am working for the same company close to 3 years.  

I am planning for visa stamping by jan 2020- These are my questions while filing DS160. 

• Employment start date- Do I need to give my start date when I actually started working (Jan,2017)  (or) it should be the start by i797 (November,2019)?

• Do i need to mention any previous employment , since i have only one employer right from the OPT.

Thanks,

Kaksha

I have the same exact question, appreciate any help from the team.

Do we need to answer NO to the above question as we had the same employer on OpT, STEM and H1 after stamping.

If there is no gap in employment, you can treat everything as one and current employment. Your start date will be Jan 2017

If you were previously employed (before OPT) you need to mention that.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:36 AM, kaksha said:

Hello All,

Thanks,

Kaksha

15 hours ago, PremJ said:

I have the same exact question, appreciate any help from the team.

Do we need to answer NO to the above question as we had the same employer on OpT, STEM and H1 after stamping.

Same employer, no gap will be single employment.

On 12/12/2019 at 2:36 AM, kaksha said:

Hello All,

Thanks,

Kaksha

1) Start date of employment. Jan 2017

2) No.