221g blue slip - i797 going to expire in 20 days

charan843

I attended H1B visa interview in chennai on october 29th, 2019. VO given me 221g blue slip and he asked client letter and i797. He said the processing may be quick or it may take longer, nothing in his hands. My i797 is going to expire in 20 days. What is the alternative solution for me if my visa gets approved after i797 expires? Can i just submit newly approved i797 to the consulate or should i again go to the interview with new i797?

Please help!!!

• 1 month later...

My i797 got expired on Dec 31st, 2019. Consulate asked me to submit new i797. My employer applied for extension. I got my new i797 approved for 3 years and i submitted it to US consulate two days back. Later they said my case is still under review. They said they will let me know once it is done. It's taking soo long. 

6 hours ago, charan843 said:

My i797 got expired on Dec 31st, 2019. Consulate asked me to submit new i797. My employer applied for extension. I got my new i797 approved for 3 years and i submitted it to US consulate two days back. Later they said my case is still under review. They said they will let me know once it is done. It's taking soo long. 

Thanks for the update. Hang on tight, I am sure it will go through.