All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Indu12

Can I apply for visitor visa while H4 is still in process ?

Hello,

I applied for a COS in Sep 2019 from H1 to H4 and my H4 visa is still in process. My parents existing visitor visa expiring in June 2020 and we are planning to bring my parents to US in May 2020.

In this situation can I apply for visitor visa for my parents with my Husband's H1 visa while my H4 is in process? or we need to wait until my H4 gets approved?

Thanks in Advance!!

your parents apply for themselves and the outcome of their interview is not predicated on your in-process H4...their travel history using the B2 visa will be the cornerstone of the renewal process.

You mean that they are planning a trip in 2020. Since they got the visa once, they should be able to get it again. There is no sponsorship involved and they should apply on their own recognizance. 

When my parents got their initial B2 visa, I sent my masters graduation invitation letter, supporting financial documents (W2's, Paystubs, bank statements) and I paid for their flight expenses.

For the visa extension they are not in a situation to show financial documents to support their trip and other expenses. So, not sure how to proceed with my current visa situation.

Please Advise!!

Edited by Indu12

none of what you sent last time had any positive effect on their interview...their prior travel history will carry the most weight, while letters,tax returns, old sox or anything else from you will be worthless.