Administrative Processing 221G with Bule slip in Chennai consulate

Hi,

My H1B got picked in consular processing and i had to change my client before H1B approval due to some conditions and both the clients comes under same Metro. Now i have filed for an amendment and went to India with amendment receipt number and attended visa stamping interview recently. VO asked me few general questions and i answered everything and she took my i797B and inquired about my client details and i told the current client name. She went inside. She did not give me a chance to explain about the amendment and same metro policy. i also told her that i have all the the supporting documents but she refused to take. She took only the client letter and gave me the blue slip with second box check ( No additional documents req) and returned my passport. What are the chances of getting approval ? How long it is going to take for the verification? Is there any way that can i tell about my amendment and same metro policy ? If is takes long time it will effect me in many different ways. I have all the proper documents. Kindly suggest me something..

Thanks in advance

On 11/29/2019 at 4:43 AM, Lakshmi Mythri said:

Hi,

My H1B got picked in consular processing and i had to change my client before H1B approval due to some conditions and both the clients comes under same Metro. Now i have filed for an amendment and went to India with amendment receipt number and attended visa stamping interview recently. VO asked me few general questions and i answered everything and she took my i797B and inquired about my client details and i told the current client name. She went inside. She did not give me a chance to explain about the amendment and same metro policy. i also told her that i have all the the supporting documents but she refused to take. She took only the client letter and gave me the blue slip with second box check ( No additional documents req) and returned my passport. What are the chances of getting approval ? How long it is going to take for the verification? Is there any way that can i tell about my amendment and same metro policy ? If is takes long time it will effect me in many different ways. I have all the proper documents. Kindly suggest me something..

Thanks in advance

Another example for not waiting till amendment gets approved and going or stamping. Even if the client is in same metro, client name will be different in the I-129 form which makes VO's issue 221-G's There is no certain timeline for verification. You should have waited till the amendment got approved.

What are the chances of getting approval ?  --- no magical formula to answer this.

How long it is going to take for the verification? - no timelines.

Is there any way that can i tell about my amendment and same metro policy ? - nope. unless they get back to you for those specific answers..

If is takes long time it will effect me in many different ways.  - your travel plans might get effected. Kepe your employer and client upto date.

Even though clients come under same metro. It is always suggested to do amendment to keep everything updated while going to visa stamping. Moreover you have H1B amendment in processing .. in such VO cannot decide to approve your visa.

" Now i have filed for an amendment and went to India with amendment receipt number and attended visa stamping interview recently "

Edited by gopalakrishnach