DS160 - Current employment question

anuraag19

Hi,

My question is regarding DS160. I want to know what information should I enter for my current employer.
Here is the situation: Company A got my H1B petition approved and I will start working with this company A once I reach the US. 
Currently, I am in India working for company B, I am in the process of leaving that company B but still on their pay rolls.
My question is - What should I fill in for the current employer? Can someone please advise me?
Also, can I say - not employed currently as I will not be working with my current company at the time of the interview?

Thanks
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm in a similar situation but Company A(Current employer) and B(Future employer) are both in US. 

1) Could I submit DS 160 with my current employer in the form as company A and then, resign and travel to India for stamping using company B's I797?

2) Do I resign, submit DS 160 with current emplyer as B and then, travel to India? (At the time of the visa interview, I'll have no employer because I haven't started with B but my I797 would be approved)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

On 12/31/2019 at 2:31 PM, User099 said:

1. You just need to be careful while filing DS160 in stating who is your current and future employer. You will go for stamping with B's approval notice.

2. If you resign and then submit DS160, you will be unemployed and A will not be your current employer.

Then, what should I do? Submit DS 160 with A as my current employer and go for stamping with B's I797? There is no place for future employer.

Or should I resign, say "does not apply" on current employment, A as my previous employer and go for stamping on B's I797?

On 1/3/2020 at 1:46 PM, sn8787 said:

Then, what should I do? Submit DS 160 with A as my current employer and go for stamping with B's I797? There is no place for future employer.

Or should I resign, say "does not apply" on current employment, A as my previous employer and go for stamping on B's I797?

Temporary Visa Information section will be the details about your future employer and where you intend to work when in US.

If you resign and go for interview, current employer will be N/A or Does not apply. If you don't resign by the day of your interview, you can list A as current employer and go for interview with B's I797 and B's details will be in Temporary Visa Information section in both cases. Hope that clears your doubt.