H1B visa status: ‘Application Received’

nomsan123

I have given my H1B interview at the Hyderabad Consulate on 4th Nov’19.

VO just took my passport and verified some details in his system. Then asked about my salary and the number of times I have transferred between the universities on F1 status. He also asked if I was ever out of status.

I had transferred my Sevis just once and that too to a better university. I was never out of status during F1 or H1B (I have a full time job). I had informed the same to the VO. He said that everything looks good in their Database and need 1 or 2 days to have my passport ready for pickup. Note: no 221g and no documents were requested,

On 4th November, the application status was updated to ‘Refused’. On 8th November, it changed to ‘Admin Processing ‘. Then on 12th November, the status changed to ‘Application Received’. I’m confused with all these statuses. 

Is anyone going through a similar kind of issue?? Please advise. I have to travel back to US on 29th Nov, but I have not heard anything from the embassy yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nomsan123

I think I might be in the same boat as you, I gave the interview on December 5th and checked the status the same evening and it says "Refused". No updates on December 6th and now it's the weekend. The VO had told me that my Visa is approved and I will get an SMS or something. She gave me rights pamphlet and the slip with information to check the status and kept the passport. 

Wth it shows Refused then does not make any sense to me.

Can you please let me know what happened to your case?

• 5 months later...

Hi nomsan 123

can you share your experience what happened to your case and how you got your visa approved .....

Even my status has been changed from AP to Application Received... is that normal ?

i will be very much thankful if you share your experience 

thanks in advance