All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thinkin12

I797B approved only for 1.5 Months!

Hello,

I am based outside US currently with no H-1B visa stamping on passport. 

I recently got the I797B petition approved for a period between November 12, 2019 expiring on December 31, 2019.

If I get an appointment and try going for stamping, there could be a risk of visa denial since the time period is so short.

Instead of visa stamping, should I initiate filing for H-1B extension? How much time does it take and what will be the chance of petition approval again? 🙂

Please suggest options available for me.

Thank you.

You will need to prove you have a job that is valid beyond 12/31/2019 to file for a new petition. If you can prove it then you can file for an extension petition.

No one can knows your case better than you, you should know the chances of approval better than anyone.

Instead of visa stamping, should I initiate filing for H-1B extension?  - YES

How much time does it take  - No body can promise this and exactly answer this. It depends on your profile and premium processing takes less time to respond not resolve

what will be the chance of petition approval again?  - No magical formula to answer this. Sorry mate that TRUE. Sorry to disappoint you

Hello - Thank you for the replies. Is the new extension petition also classified under I-129? Sorry for my ignorance but wanted to clarify so can check the processing times 🙂

On 11/29/2019 at 1:20 PM, Thinkin12 said:

Is the new extension petition also classified under I-129?

Its ok, not knowing is not a crime. Yes, extension petition is also classified under I129.