All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kal_22

Need suggestion about my case

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the H1B visa stamping - interview happened on Nov 22nd - location Hyderabad - result 221g white slip

" I had a class c misdemeanor, I had pled no contest and the case was dismissed after completion of probation later I have requested for expungement and the case was expunged"

in DS-160 I have mentioned yes for background verification question " have you been arrested or convicted" and explained the above.

During the Visa interview on Nov 22nd in India, I was asked about the arrest and I have provided all the documents about the case  I had ( Court docs, Expungement, ticket initially received, Bond receipt,)

questions from VO:

Vo: name of employer?
Me: EMC Corporation
Vo: Salary?
Me: 86K
Vo: where did you go for Masters?
Me: UT Dallas
Vo: What's the major?
Me: Supply Chain Management
Vo: you mentioned a class c misdemeanor in your file?
Me: Yes
Vo: would you like to talk about it here or in Private?
Me: I am okay to talk here and provide all the required documents
Vo: were you convicted or served jail time?
Me: No
Vo: how much was the probation time?
Me: 3 months
Vo: how much was the Bond amount?
Me: $340 out of which I was given back $200 after the case was dismissed
Vo: How much was the cost of the goods that were attempted theft?
Me: $80
Vo: Do you have the police case summary?
Me: no, I have tried to get the report but the record was deleted after the expungement. and I have provided all the documents attached below.
Vo: I will make copies of it and gave a 221g said this 221g is just to process the documents.

The Vo has given me a white 221g with case ID on it and checked the " your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made" and she told me that it's just to process these documents. 

Please help me understand what are the chances and what will be the timeline.

Thanks!
Kal

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, Kal_22 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question about the H1B visa stamping - interview happened on Nov 22nd - location Hyderabad - result 221g white slip

" I had a class c misdemeanor, I had pled no contest and the case was dismissed after completion of probation later I have requested for expungement and the case was expunged"

in DS-160 I have mentioned yes for background verification question " have you been arrested or convicted" and explained the above.

During the Visa interview on Nov 22nd in India, I was asked about the arrest and I have provided all the documents about the case  I had ( Court docs, Expungement, ticket initially received, Bond receipt,)

questions from VO:

Vo: name of employer?
Me: EMC Corporation
Vo: Salary?
Me: 86K
Vo: where did you go for Masters?
Me: UT Dallas
Vo: What's the major?
Me: Supply Chain Management
Vo: you mentioned a class c misdemeanor in your file?
Me: Yes
Vo: would you like to talk about it here or in Private?
Me: I am okay to talk here and provide all the required documents
Vo: were you convicted or served jail time?
Me: No
Vo: how much was the probation time?
Me: 3 months
Vo: how much was the Bond amount?
Me: $340 out of which I was given back $200 after the case was dismissed
Vo: How much was the cost of the goods that were attempted theft?
Me: $80
Vo: Do you have the police case summary?
Me: no, I have tried to get the report but the record was deleted after the expungement. and I have provided all the documents attached below.
Vo: I will make copies of it and gave a 221g said this 221g is just to process the documents.

The Vo has given me a white 221g with case ID on it and checked the " your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made" and she told me that it's just to process these documents. 

Please help me understand what are the chances and what will be the timeline.

Thanks!
Kal

You didn't mentioned weather they returned your passport or not? They retained I797?
White 221(G) is a bad sign, however in your case they just might need to verify the statements you made during the interview about your case. So hang in there you should hear something positive if there is no other issue associated.

Hello. British citizen with prior conviction of “resisting an officer without violence” who is applying for an L-1 visa through my company who is petitioning on my behalf. There is a time sensitive need for me to get a visa but I think that I am likely to go through “administrative processing” when I go to the US Embassy in London. Does anyone know of this is a certainty or is there a chance I can avoid this? 

Dear Gopalakrishna,

Thank you for your response!

Just a follow-up question, is there any trend or approximate wait times for this kind of cases with 221g white slip and passport returned.

Please provide any other insights regard to timelines and any options to expedite.

Thank you so much!

Kal

Edited by Kal_22

Passport was returned and the I797 was not retained  --- is not good sign.

is there any trend or approximate wait times for this kind of cases with 221g white slip and passport  - No timelines..

Dear GopalaKrishnach,

Thank you for your response. 

please provide your suggestion for the below -

I have taken an attorney letter yesterday stating the whole case summary and also stating that I am admissible. is there a way to send that letter to the consulate if the case is in administrative processing? 

I feel it will really help to support the processing. Can I email to the Hyderabad US consulate email hydADMIN@state.gov? please guide and provide me a suggestion on how to send the attorney letter to the consulate to support the administrative processing.

I can also send you the letter to you for review if you would like to review it. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks!

Kal

On 12/5/2019 at 12:25 AM, Kal_22 said:

Dear GopalaKrishnach,

Thank you for your response. 

please provide your suggestion for the below -

I have taken an attorney letter yesterday stating the whole case summary and also stating that I am admissible. is there a way to send that letter to the consulate if the case is in administrative processing? 

I feel it will really help to support the processing. Can I email to the Hyderabad US consulate email hydADMIN@state.gov? please guide and provide me a suggestion on how to send the attorney letter to the consulate to support the administrative processing.

I can also send you the letter to you for review if you would like to review it. Thanks in Advance.

Thanks!

Kal