All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
boyzrule

H4 visa stamping with 5 months validity on passport

I have my h1b and my wife’s h4 visa stamping interview together on December 30th. 

I am traveling to india on dec 25th. My wife passport is expiring on June 4th 2020. By the time we go for visa stamping my wife will have passport validity of only 5 months. 
I am in Chicago area and not sure if I Renew my wife’s passport now that we receive it before our travel date to india on dec 25th. 
will there be any issues if we go to visa stamping with only 5 months valid passport.

Please advice if any have faced this situation or know anyone in this situation before.

Thanks!

Visa stamping will not be an issues, but while coming back you will get I94 only till June 4th 2020. You will again have to travel to get a new I94. 

If you can give the embassy a reason to process your application in tatkal, you might get it in couple of days.

Normally it is advised to have 6 months passport validity. Since now it is unavoidable go to visa interview confidence. I94 will be given till passport expiry. After coming extend passport, cross border and come back with new I94.

On 11/14/2019 at 11:44 PM, boyzrule said:

I have my h1b and my wife’s h4 visa stamping interview together on December 30th. 

I am traveling to india on dec 25th. My wife passport is expiring on June 4th 2020. By the time we go for visa stamping my wife will have passport validity of only 5 months. 
I am in Chicago area and not sure if I Renew my wife’s passport now that we receive it before our travel date to india on dec 25th. 
will there be any issues if we go to visa stamping with only 5 months valid passport.

Please advice if any have faced this situation or know anyone in this situation before.

Thanks!

During finger printing appointment they will reject your wife's application. Passports need to have a minimum of 6 months validity on the day of visa interview. Call customer care and check if you want to be 100% sure. 

Visa will not issued on any passport which has less than 6 months for expiration date. So don't even try. Better renew the passport first and then appear for the interview. Of course submit a new DS-160 with new passport number.