SEVIS terminated with a status update as "Approved Change of Status"

Sean P

Hello sir/ma'am,

My H1b got approved this year but my Change of Status was denied. I received a separate COS denial due to CPT overuse and a missing document to prove a full-time course along with I797B without I94. Yesterday, I received an email from my university that my SEVIS has been terminated as my SEVIS status has been updated as "Approved Change of Status." I verified the same through the SEVIS help desk.

What does this mean? Am I still suppose to go to my home country for stamping or I can ask my employer/attorney to check with USCIS on any recent change in my status change. Since this is somewhat strange because only the petition was approved but not the change of status. (I am not in a position to travel to my home country for stamping till February 2020 due to unavoidable family medical emergency with my wife and son being in the hospital, then what are my options?)

SEVIS status has been updated as "Approved Change of Status."  after your Change of Status was denied - I feel SEVIS update status is mistake not the actual SEVIS end. I may be wrong.

It looks you clearly overused CPT and you abused CPT. I feel you are out of status since SEVIS ended and COS denied. You ave to leave country get visa stamped and come back. Getting visa stamped will be hard for you since you clearly abused CPT.