New lawfirm and expunged misdemeanor

emp789

I had a class A misdemeanor in 2010 for shoplifting . The case is dismissed after taking class and paying fine. I also got this expunged. I went for 3 H1B renewals after this issue and got stamped and didnt have any issues at port of entry. I never informed this to my immigration lawers or manager till now. This year, my company changed law firms for immigration and they sent me a questionnaire to fill which includes question " have you ever been arrested, charged or convicted anywhere in the world (even if its dismissed or expunged). I will be answering "Yes" to this question and provide details saying " I was charged in 2010 , the case is dismissed and expunged. " Do i have to provide more details of the crime ? Also, what implications i might have with the new law firm knowing about my charge? Do they inform my manager/HR and can they fire me? I work as a data analyst in my company. Please advice and provide your suggestions

• 6 months later...

@emp789 thanks for sharing the experience. I am also in the same boat, my case was  also deferred and dismissed. 
can you share me what documents generally did you took at time of stamping.

i mean court Disposition document and just arrest info sheet 
that’s it 

is it enough 

please let me know 

thanks in advance.