H1B stamping processing time in Mumbai

I am in my 14th year of H1B. Need to get it stamped in Mumbai, India. The reason I did not qualify for Dropbox was because my previous visa was stamped in Tijuana, Mexico. 

Unfortunately, the first date available  is December 16th, so I took it. How many days is it taking to get the passport back in Mumbai if everything goes fine in the interview? 

On a couple of previous occasions, I was able to pickup passport on same day. 

Edited by Engineer1234
Typo and additional info
21 hours ago, Engineer1234 said:

I am in my 14th year of H1B. Need to get it stamped in Mumbai, India. The reason I did not qualify for Dropbox was because my previous visa was stamped in Tijuana, Mexico. 

Unfortunately, the first date available  is December 16th, so I took it. How many days is it taking to get the passport back in Mumbai if everything goes fine in the interview? 

On a couple of previous occasions, I was able to pickup passport on same day. 

Never heard about same day pickup in India. You might be talking about Mexico? Best case scenario in India is at least 3 to 5 business days. But 2 weeks is the timeline needed to pickup passport in busy season.

Edited by shekar11#