Can we to Canada for H1B stamping?

chakriv

Hi there,

I’m on H1-B visa with third extension based on approved GC I-140. I have been to India 4 years ago and got my first H1-B stamping done. I have valid H1-B visa with my new employer. Can I go to Canada for H1B stamping or does it have to be done in my home country which is India?

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

14 hours ago, chakriv said:

Hi there,

I’m on H1-B visa with third extension based on approved GC I-140. I have been to India 4 years ago and got my first H1-B stamping done. I have valid H1-B visa with my new employer. Can I go to Canada for H1B stamping or does it have to be done in my home country which is India?

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

You can go to Canada or Mexico.

17 hours ago, chakriv said:

Hi there,

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

If you already have H1B visa with your new employer then why do you need to go for stamping? and Yes you can go to Canada, this shouldn't be a problem.

I would advise Mexico is much better option in terms of availability of dates and easiness in process with maximum positive outcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2019 at 10:59 AM, User099 said:

You can go to Canada. But always consider the risks of going to a 3rd country for visa stamping. 

It is my understanding that . Canada and Mexico are far better when we see 221g in bigger picture. As there is a definite time line for 221g in Canada/Mexico when compared to india . 

note : I am not attorney this is just my understanding and info gathered from social network sites