H1 -> H4 + H4EAD

Indu12

• 1 month later...

Hi Indhu12, I'm also in a similiar situation like yours. My employer is doing lay off at the company and my last date of employment is Jan10th. And my current H1b visa maxes out in May 2020. I'm planning to apply for H4 and just wondering if I can apply H4 COS from her in US and stay legally until it gets approved.

Some of my friends said that I need to be working in h1B until atleast I get H4 receipt notice. Do you have any info on that ?

I also heard about 60 days unemployment period for H1b. So can i use this to stay in US and get my H4 receipt assuming that i will get it soon. Kindly note I havent applied for H4 COS yet. Thanks!

On 1/3/2020 at 9:47 PM, Umanandy said:

Hi Indhu12, I'm also in a similiar situation like yours. My employer is doing lay off at the company and my last date of employment is Jan10th. And my current H1b visa maxes out in May 2020. I'm planning to apply for H4 and just wondering if I can apply H4 COS from her in US and stay legally until it gets approved.

Some of my friends said that I need to be working in h1B until atleast I get H4 receipt notice. Do you have any info on that ?

I also heard about 60 days unemployment period for H1b. So can i use this to stay in US and get my H4 receipt assuming that i will get it soon. Kindly note I havent applied for H4 COS yet. Thanks!

You will have 60 days from Jan 10th to apply for a H4 COS. Once the H4 COS is filed and you have the receipt number you can stay legally till its adjudicated.