H4 stamping required if H1B changed job

XPG

Hi,

My situation is this. I have been working in Company A and have stamped Visa in passport for me and Spouse from Jul-2018 until Jun-2021. My spouse is basically in India and she had visited US for one month in January-2019; and then returned. I have moved to Company B in April 2019. When Visa-transfer was done only my details were given since spouse was not in US at that time. Company B's I-747 approval notice is there from Apr-2019 till April-2022. No visa stamping is done yet.

Now, I am going for one month vacation in Jan-2020 to India. I will return in Feb-2020. Spouse is planning to  come to US around June-2020.

1) Do I need to go for visa-stamping/drop box(if available)? Or is it not necessary since I already have stamped Visa until Jun-2021 (with company A though)

2) Does my spouse need to go for Visa-stamping/drop box(if available)? Or is it not necessary since spouse already has stamped Visa until Jun-2021 (with company A though)

On 11/4/2019 at 7:25 PM, XPG said:

Hi,

My situation is this. I have been working in Company A and have stamped Visa in passport for me and Spouse from Jul-2018 until Jun-2021. My spouse is basically in India and she had visited US for one month in January-2019; and then returned. I have moved to Company B in April 2019. When Visa-transfer was done only my details were given since spouse was not in US at that time. Company B's I-747 approval notice is there from Apr-2019 till April-2022. No visa stamping is done yet.

Now, I am going for one month vacation in Jan-2020 to India. I will return in Feb-2020. Spouse is planning to  come to US around June-2020.

1) Do I need to go for visa-stamping/drop box(if available)? Or is it not necessary since I already have stamped Visa until Jun-2021 (with company A though)

2) Does my spouse need to go for Visa-stamping/drop box(if available)? Or is it not necessary since spouse already has stamped Visa until Jun-2021 (with company A though)

Both of you don't need visa stamping since you have valid visa till Jun 2021. You can use existing visa and make sure that both of you show latest I-797 from employer B at port of entry.