H1B stamping: New employer only 1 pay check

20 hours ago, workingdesi said:

The required documents say that one should carry last 3 pay stubs when going for a visa stamping. I am changing companies, will it be fine if I take 2 pay stubs from my previous employer and only 1 from the new employer? There will be no period of unemployment between the 2 employers.

No issues. As long you have proof of continuous employment.

21 hours ago, workingdesi said:

The required documents say that one should carry last 3 pay stubs when going for a visa stamping. I am changing companies, will it be fine if I take 2 pay stubs from my previous employer and only 1 from the new employer? There will be no period of unemployment between the 2 employers.

it shud be fine. they ask for pay stubs to make sure u maintied leagal h1 status by getting paid during ur last period of stay in US. the 3 recent pay stubs need not be ur current employer it can be ur previous employer.

some times you are asked for 1 full year of pay stubs and w2 for 2 or more years and also tax returns. it shud be ur responsiblity to carrry all the needed documents. u can be asked anything. 

why take chance of 221g for missing documents and wait in 221g queue. just my opinion i may be wrong

Edited by premkalyan521