h1B stamping location

VJ86

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before but I'm posting about it because i have received conflicting opinions from the law firm who filed my h1b. The home consulate in my h1b petition is Chennai and there are no dates in Chennai for the time frame I want. The consulate has not made them available yet and no one knows when they might.

My questions are:

- Can I choose another city for my interview now and later move to Chennai and also change dates if needed? The lawyer said there is a US reference that says we must stick to home consulate. Anyone know Scythian about this?

- Does rescheduling only work for dates or does it also apply to consulate offices?

- If I choose Mumbai now, can my DS-160 still say Chennai? I have not yet submitted it, I was planning on booking dates first and then submitting DS-160. I don't know how choosing a different city and possible change of dates/location later affects the Ds-160.

Inputs are highly appreciated!!!

1 hour ago, VJ86 said:

Hi all,

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before but I'm posting about it because i have received conflicting opinions from the law firm who filed my h1b. The home consulate in my h1b petition is Chennai and there are no dates in Chennai for the time frame I want. The consulate has not made them available yet and no one knows when they might.

My questions are:

- Can I choose another city for my interview now and later move to Chennai and also change dates if needed? The lawyer said there is a US reference that says we must stick to home consulate. Anyone know Scythian about this?

- Does rescheduling only work for dates or does it also apply to consulate offices?

- If I choose Mumbai now, can my DS-160 still say Chennai? I have not yet submitted it, I was planning on booking dates first and then submitting DS-160. I don't know how choosing a different city and possible change of dates/location later affects the Ds-160.

Inputs are highly appreciated!!!

Yes.

Applies to consulate offices also.

Yes.

• 2 weeks later...