H1B stamping with incorrect end date on I797 petition

Hi,
My petition was wrongly approved beyond 6 years till March 2022. It was officially supposed to be only till march 2020.

I am travelling to India in Nov 2019 and need to get my visa stamped. Will it be an issue?

My attorney said that it should be fine and they will apply for an amendment to correct by dates after i am back from India

Please advice.

1 hour ago, Greenfalcon said:

Hi,
My petition was wrongly approved beyond 6 years till March 2022. It was officially supposed to be only till march 2020.

I am travelling to India in Nov 2019 and need to get my visa stamped. Will it be an issue?

My attorney said that it should be fine and they will apply for an amendment to correct by dates after i am back from India

Please advice.

When did your petition get approved and why did the attorney not apply for amendment all these days. It might be an issue as VO might ask why the mistake was not corrected. If you get 221G only you will suffer. Attorney will be fine here. Make sure to apply amendment in premium and then leave the country.

• 2 weeks later...

My stamping is scheduled for 21st November at 9:00 AM in Kolkata consulate. I will keep everyone posted on how it goes.

My attorney is confident about my case and said things will go through as I still have 4 months left to complete 6 years on H1B .

And In case anything goes wrong, they will file amendment immediately and send me the updated dates

DOL certification was applied in October beginning and expecting the approval for the same by Jan 2019. Once approved, my employer/attorney will apply for I-140 ASAP on premium and apply for my H1B extension/amendment before 6 years get over

Hope for the best