H1b interview in another consulate

Gibin

Hi,

I am looking for stamping in Chennai in January 2020.  I dont see any available dates in Chennai in January.  Can I schedule the interview in another consulate given that my i797 and ds160 mentions Chennai as the consulate?  Also, while filling the profile, I had chosen the drop off location as Chennai.  Will that be an issue if I am attending the interview at another consulate?  And can we have OFC and Interview in two different consulates?  I would really appreciate any responses.

Regards,

Gibin

On 11/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, Gibin said:

Hi,

I am looking for stamping in Chennai in January 2020.  I dont see any available dates in Chennai in January.  Can I schedule the interview in another consulate given that my i797 and ds160 mentions Chennai as the consulate?  Also, while filling the profile, I had chosen the drop off location as Chennai.  Will that be an issue if I am attending the interview at another consulate?  And can we have OFC and Interview in two different consulates?  I would really appreciate any responses.

Regards,

Gibin

And can we have OFC and Interview in two different consulates?

Yes, you can do that. My friend had finger printing in Hyderabad, visa interview in Delhi and picked up his passport in Hyderabad. He did not have any issues. He filled DS-160 for Hyderabad Consulate.